7/15/08

French Park Care Center

Curtis was moved late last night from the Harbor-UCLA General to French Park Care Center in Santa Ana, CA (a sub-acute care facility). The move went well, and he is settled in there. Here is the information for French Park Care Center:
 
600 E Washington Ave, Room 261
Santa Ana, CA  92701
Visiting hours: 10am - 8pm
 
Curtis has been opening his eyes more frequently now - at least several times a day. There have been times when he has had them both very wide open. We are just so excited to see those beautiful blue eyes!
 
Yesterday Curt also started stroking our hands with his thumb. He also is moving his left index finger up. Both of these movements are unique from the grasping of our hands he's been doing, so again, we are very excited! He is definitely aware of our presence and responding to us in the ways that he can.
 
We are grateful God has brought Curt to this point of being able to leave the ICU and for the progress he is making! Thank you all SO MUCH for your continued prayers.
 
Sarah

7 comments:

Rhett Laubach said...

Sarah, thank you so much for the updates. I am going to look for an open date in early August to get out and visit. I will contact you before I come out. Can you send me another email with the best number to reach you or Renee or Linda? Thanks!

Rhett

Unknown said...

Thank you guys so much for the continued updates. Misti and I check it everyday. I wish we were there, and the way you guys keep us all informed makes us feel like we are a part of the journey. Let Curt know that Jerm said "Hi and that he is praying with passion for him".

The White Family---Jeremy, Misti, Jenna, and Hudson

Aunt Jot said...

Please read to Curtis
Dear Curtis,
You have touched so many lives and have so many people in your corner, pulling for you and hoping this will be the day you will wake up and start smiling again. I wake up every morning and go to sleep every night with the same prayer on my lips and in my heart. You have always been such a special light in our family, our very own talented, handsome genius, capable of anything. No accomplishment is beyond your reach. I remember how embarrassed you got when I was boasting about all your achievements to my friend in your presence. It's all true! You have a difficult task ahead of you now...your recovery. It may be a lot of work, but if anyone can succeed at a tough job and beat the odds, that would be YOU, Curtis. We all have faith that you can do this. We are in our prayers daily, Uncle Wayne and I, Toni's family, Debbie's family and Grandmother. You are so fortunate to have your mother and sisters by your side and the strong support of your girlfriend, friends and caretakers daily. Don't sleep any longer, Curtis - you have songs to write. We need to see your smile and hear you sing soon.
I love you,
Aunt Jot

Ryan Purtell said...

The news of progress has been so encouraging to read. I have always had a feeling that God would do something spectatular with Curt's life. We have all heard the numerous stories of "against the odds" recoveries, and if anyone has it in them it's Curt. My continued prayer is for a complete recovery. Thanks so much for the updates. May God's grace be with all family members and friends that are daily walking through this trial with my beloved friend.

Ryan Purtell

Jason Jones said...

Dear Family and Friends of Curtis,
I am a friend of Curtis's in LA, I met him about 10 months ago. We shared a similar journey and though in this short time of 10 months, I haven't had a chance to get to know him very well, I felt an immediate connection to Curtis and was always inspired by his warmth, his kindness, and his sense of humor. I was very sad to hear what happened to Curtis a few weeks ago, and I have continually prayed for his recovery. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to visit him yet, but I am so pleased to have found this blog. The most recent news is miraculous and I am strengthened in my Faith as I read all of the blogs up through today. God is working, Prayer is Working, Hope and Love is Working!

We Episcopalians recite the following for our sick friends, and I invite you to do the same:

O God, the strength of the weak and the comfort of sufferers:Mercifully accept our prayer, and grant our servant Curtis the help of your power, that his sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen. (Book of Common Prayer p.458)

I hope to have an opportunity to visit with Curtis and his loving family in the coming weeks and will continue to Pray without Ceasing for his full, remarkable, and amazing recovery.
May God Bless you and Keep You all for your own strength and endurance in this, your time of sorrow and uncertainty. But as I read your blog, I sense your encouragement, and your joy for each and every step of this miraculous recovery.

I also pray the following:
Heavenly Father, giver of life and health:Comfort and relieve your sick servant Curtis, and give your healing power to all those who minister to his needs, that he and they may be strengthened in their weakness, and have confidence in your loving care, through Jesus Christ Our Lord, Amen.

I will continue to visit this blog, and any of you who feel the need or wish to do so, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Amazing things are happening, and God is always with us.

Peace and Blessings,

Jason J.

The Barker Family said...

Praising the Lord for progress toward total recovery and continued prayer for new miracles every day.

Lissa

Anonymous said...

I got to spend half an hour with Curtis, Elaine and Tammy yesterday.

Curtie is definitely looking a lot better, skin is warmer than a week ago, defeinite reaction to my hand in his, some eye motion following me as I moved around.

Praying for me improvement

Jed