The past two days Curtis has been very "awake" for us. That is, he has had many times where he opened his eyes for us and moved his fingers and thumbs. This afternoon while I was visiting him and my hand was in his, he opened his eyes and just watched me. He would move his index finger and thumb along mine and then squeeze my fingers with his. As I continued to tell him all about our day and what we've been up to, who's been asking about him and who all have been praying for him, he continued to look at me and rub my hand and squeeze. I totally know he was hearing me and understanding what I was telling him. Even when he looked like he was starting to close his eyes a little, I told him that I spoke to our Aunt Jot today and his eyes perked open again. It is truly an encouragement to see him have these reactions and responses.
Tonight the hospital discharged Curtis to a sub-acute care facility. I just spoke to Elaine as they were en-route to Curt's new home in Santa Ana, CA. He will be admitted to French Park Care Center and should be getting settled in soon. The facility looks like it will provide him with very good care and help him to progress in his recovery.
Renee
7/15/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tell Curtis that my Sunday School class at First Baptist prayed for him yesterday and that many who do not know him or the family are praying for him. Stay strong and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
We are so excited that Curtis is making progress! Baby steps...but steps!!! Please tell Curt that we love him and are praying for him constantly. Our kids love hearing the stories about Curtis that I tell them. All of the good times we had in school. I tell them if they ever find a friend like Curtis, they are truly blessed. He is so special.
You all are doing an awesome job. We look forward to hearing more great news as he recovers. Thank you for the updates and know that we are here for you.
Much love from Texas,
Mike, Janna and kids :)
Thank you so much for all the updates. I know that it must be difficult to try to keep everyone informed, especially while you are trying to get back into the swing of your own lives. I just wanted to tell how how much the information is anticipated AND appreciated. We continue to pray for Curtis and for your entire family. Jaki Heppler
This is GREAT news, Renee. Please tell him that he is in my heart, thoughts and prayers and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't check to see his progress. If I can make it to California to visit, I plan to do so.
Much love to Curtis and you guys,
Shanae
great, great news!
Post a Comment