6/28/08

Status 6/28/2008


We actually received some good news today. While yesterday the doctors told us that Curtis probably would not improve past where he was yesterday due to his injuries, today he has had movement which may indicate more brain stem function. In addition to the movements, he is now breathing on his own. He is still hooked up with cpap so the machine could supply breath if he fails to do so. We are elated to see these improvements as yesterday the prognosis was bleak.


Everyone of us here continues to visit with Curtis and let him know we are supporting him through his tough time. He is still having movements of his arms and feet but his doctors say most of these are consistent with his remaining brainstem function. Because we have spent so much time with Curtis, we feel some of his movements are responses to us . We are still hopeful that he will continue to improve.

16 comments:

Slaughter Fam CEO said...

Good report! Hope he surprises the doctors again tomorrow!

The Barker Family said...

Praying for a new miracle every day. God is faithful to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could think or ask.

The Barker Family
Chris, Lissa, Anna and Alex

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Renee
I am sorry to hear about Curtis. I am praying for him and your family. Thank you for the updates.

Unknown said...

Thanks Renee and gang for the report! - Give everyone a hug for us and especially give Gamma a hug from the kids. We love you all and hope and pray that Curtis will continue to improve.

Slade, Patrick, Bo and Hanna

Ty Yocham said...

Family,
Thank you for allowing friends to stay updated. Hang tough.
Kind regards,
Ty Yocham

Anonymous said...

In Jesus' name, not by MY authority, but by ONE drop of blood that was spilled on the cross, with that authority, I lift you up Curtis Childers and your(our) family. I pray that our heavenly Father would CONTINUE to work miracles in this situation. Lord, your word tells us that you will use the foolish things of this world to confound the WISE(Doctors in this case), and we THANK YOU for your presence in this emotional and critical time. We lift up Curtis to you. I petition that you would do as you did when you walked among us, and heal my preciouse cousin. As with Lazurus Lord, raise him from this state that he would praise and be a witness to you. I also pray for my family, that you would give us strength to withstand whatever your will may be. Give us Wisdom to accept your will Lord. However, I do pray that you would let Curtis continue in life. Let him come to know you even more, and be a witness to your mircacle and Love. I also pray Lord...........that you would heal our family. Heal our wounds. Heal our doubts. our hurts. And most important, to me anyway, our relationships with each other. I do pray this Lord. WE praise you, for you are the ONLY one worthy of praise, and we thank you in advance for what you are going to do in Curtis' life. We give you the Glory in all things, Amen. James Michael

Nicole B said...

Thank you for keeping us updated on Curt. I'm glad to hear he showed some signs of improvement. Thoughts and prayers are with him and with all of y'all at this time.

Nicole Bowden '97

Cagle said...

Renee, I hate to hear about Curtis. I am praying for him. I pray God will lay his healing hand upon him. Cagle (his first grade teacher)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the continuous updates. We all love Curtis and your family. We are diligently praying. God bless you all.
Darrel Morrison

Becky Curtis said...

Curtis was very special to me. Thank you for the updates. I am praying for Curtis and your family.

Becky Curtis (Curtis's 5th grade teacher)

Jeremy said...

Curt,

I love you brother!

Still Praying,

Jerm

Hayley said...

Thinking of you all daily and hoping for better news every day. I'll continue to pray for your family and for Curt. Thanks for the updates.

Hayley Cary Darnell

Ryan Purtell said...

My prayer is for continued improvement. Though steps may seem small, they are in the right direction. All my hopes, prayers,and thoughts are with you Curt. Love you!

Ryan

Unknown said...

Hey My Brother,

Heal, Cure, and return to us!!!

Much Love

Jed & Jessica

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reports. Please tell Curtis that he is being lifted up in prayer by people who love him and by people that he doesn't even know yet.

Mark

James 5:14-16