6/26/08
Status 6/25/2008
As you all may know, Curtis fell about 40 feet from a window June 24, and he has sustained severe head trauma. Today we have waited mostly and hoped for a good prognosis. Most is unknown and remains to be seen once his brain swelling lessens and they can assess if there is any damage. We hope for a full recovery of course.. Tomorrow, hopefully in the morning, they will have him in surgery to assess the abdominal area and check the organs again and intestines. If okay, they will stitch him up and begin the process of weaning him off the ventilator and sedation drip. What we hope to see is that Curtis becomes responsive and starts to breathe on his own. This would be wonderful and you all know that Curtis would not want to let us down! He has given us much hope today in that he has responded to the neural pain reflexes as well as made his own movements. He has stretched his feet several times as well as squeezed our hand during 1 on 1 visits. While we do not clearly know why Curtis climbed out the window, we know that he was not clearly thinking. I do not think that he did this intentionally but that under his altered state he was confused and did not realize where he was. That is my theory. I feel in my heart that Curtis knows that we are all there for him and can feel and hear us, and that he will really try to pull thru this. I believe, too, that he will. Thank you for all your prayers and support. Renee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks for posting this and keeping us updated. We are praying for Curtis and for all of you keeping watch out there.
We are praying for healing for Curtis, and for peace and rest for his family.
Blessings,
Sarah B's Chuch Family
Don't know if the other comment went through, so am posting again. We are praying for Curtis and all of you. Thanks, Sean, for the blog site.. a very good way to get news out to family and friends. Let us know if there is anything we can do. If any of you will be driving through El Paso, or stopping over on a flight, you have a place to stay.
Love to all
Aunt Jot, Uncle Wayne, Debbie and family
Curtis, we are praying for you buddy...
All the best,
Jeff Williams
Curtis- love you a ton, man. Praying for strength and healing, peace and rest for family. - Colby
Please tell Curtis I love him and that I'm praying for God to bring healing and comfort in ways that only He can. Thanks for the updates.
Travis
CURTIS--I have just read your blog for the first time, thanx to a forward from our mutual friend, the Super Aggie whose blood runs National Blue & Corn Gold, Marcus Hill. Actually read the blog backward, beginning at the most recent post and finally to this one, the first.
In case my name does not ring a bell, I met you when you were state FFA president, and you appeared at a dinner in the DFW area (Arlington, I think) sponsored by (who else) Ag Workers Mutual Auto Ins.). There, I was blown away by your performance, and knew that you would be one who would make a difference.
I even got to see you perform at a state FFA convention later, and had my first impressions of you amply reinforced.
I am writing now to suggest that you check out Lulu.com as a way to self-publish your blog journey entries at some point. With Lulu.com, one can self-publish with no upfront investment. Just go to the website and check it out. I have a friend who published 4 books via Lulu.com last year and is very pleased. I feel sure that you have the makings for an inspirational book.
Best from JOE DAN BOYD (past Texas state ffa president & A&M Class of '57)
JOE DAN BOYD COMMUNICATIONS
5107 N. FM 312
Winnsboro, TX 75494
My Email address: joedan@joedanboyd.com
My website: http://www.joedanboyd.com
My spiritual blog: http://www.tinneychapeltoday.blogspot.com
Phone: 903-375-4603 my office VOIP line
903-850-4394 my cell line
903-629-3408 my home land line
Contact Me FacebookTwitter
Post a Comment