Yesterday and today we continued to visit with Curtis as allowed. We were excited with his responses to us. Although most were
small things such as moving his hand or head or changes in respiration rate, they were extremely encouraging to us. The most exciting news is that Curt opened his eyes briefly yesterday and took a look at Tammy and Renee. We are looking forward to that happening again! Thank you all for your support and prayers. We definitely feel how much Curtis is loved. Sarah
7/1/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Thanks for the updates. Curt & all have our prayers.
If you/anyone else in the family need anything, please let me know.
Jeremiah D. Williams
jdw@austinlegal.net
Curt,
Everyone is right there by your side. Your family is doing a great job keeping us updated.
Keep up the improvements and praying we can hang out again some day.
Derek, Dianna, Grace & Grant Morgan
Curtis,
We are thinking about you and your family.
Noah & Danielle Kruger
Curtis and family,
You and Curtis are in my constant thoughts and prayers. Curtis always spoke of his family and loves you so incredibly much. The updates are very appreciated. I know Curtis will continue to want to make progress for you.
Let us know if there is anything his friends back home in Texas can do for him or you guys.
To all of you and especially Curtis - our prayers are with all of you during this time. Stay optimistic because positive thoughts can be very powerful. I just learned of this last night from mom - we have been out of pocket this past week.
Love all of you!
pam
Sarah,
Thank you so much for the updates. I am praying for Curtis and for you all on a regular basis. If you need anything, please email at joshuadhduncan@yahoo.com.
Josh Duncan
You guys really have no idea how well thought of each and everyone of you are to soo many people.
It's great that Curtis is part of such a caring and loving family.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Maggie Vasquez Nipp
sounding good, great to hear - awesome strength and love all around here - thank you for the updates - looking forward to better and better
Thank you so much for the updates. We feel so far and this helps more than you know. Curtis has so many churches and people praying for him. We are so encouraged by the updates. Curtis has a strong will. Curtis and you all are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers daily. We continue to pray for his improvements. We love you all.
John, Stephanie, Courtney, and Ty Crigler
Curtis,
My thoughts are with you and your family. Get better and keep the good news coming.
Erikka Hise
Thank you all for the updates, I know it is hard to think of us back in Texas with everything you are going through, but it is so appreciated! We have been praying for Curtis. I am missing his MySpace blogs and videos!
Mandy Chambers-Bradford
Just wanted to say that we are praying for Curtis. I just heard about this today. Curtis and I were good friends in school and I hate that this would happen to a person as good as Curtis. Thank you for keeping us updated. If ya'll need anything, just let us know.
Marty, Shannon, Aubrey, & Teddy Starnes
(Please read to Curtis)
Curt,
This is your old friend, fellow music-lover, co-pilot on the drive from Corpus to Houston in 1992, and kindred creative soul Rhett from Oklahoma. I just heard the news from Travis and chatted with Andrew today. I am in pain for you buddy. Words can't even begin to describe how hard we are going to pray for you and your healing. The tears didn't come today until Ashley and I's little Addison woke up from her nap today. As I held her, I just broke down. I live to protect her and her sister and her mom from a million different harms. I know you have your core there with you and they are praying on you and doing all they can to help you fight. I want to help in some way and since I am a Professional Speaker and story-teller, maybe sharing this story with you is the best thing I can do. I know you are listening...
Recently you have been in my thoughts more as I have been telling the story in my FFA keynotes about you and I sitting right next to each other down on the floor at convention waiting, almost prayerfully, to see whose name they called for National President. And I still remember you whispering in my ear right before they called your name, "whatever happens next is supposed to happen." Of course, I laugh and say that was easy for you to say because THEY CALLED YOUR NAME! Then I tell them how much regret and emptiness I felt on the way home. And how sometimes the things that are "supposed to happen in life" don't feel that way at all. They feel like the worse things in the world. I do not have any idea how what happened last Wednesday was supposed to happen. But there is a reason. You know this - God's plan doesn't make sense to us because we can't see what He sees. We don't know what He knows. We don't know what He has planned for us.
Back to the keynote, after I tell about me headed home from Kansas City with my head low, I get to tell the students about my good friend Curtis and how it was meant to be you - your talent, your love for FFA, your love for other people, you.
I am going to see that guy again. I am going to talk with him. I'll pull back out the ole "Book of Questions" that we used to kill the time on that drive in '92. We were a couple of nerds, weren't we? But that was a great talk. Four hours of nothing but deep philosophical mumbo-jumbo. I am certain a few of the things we came up with in that car has made it into either one of your songs, my songs or one of my keynotes somewhere.
I will get out there as soon as I can, squeeze your hand and tell you to your ear, I can still feel your soul. I know that is your favorite song of mine. And buddy, I can still feel it. Your body may be in a mess right now, but your soul is intact. And its a good one - a strong one. Hold on to it. Hold on to your family. God will give you the time to heal - hold on to it.
Rhett
(Renee, if you want to play that song for him in his room, you can download it at...
http://www.yournextspeaker.com/still_feel_your_soul.mp3. Let me know if you have any troubles getting it. And please, let me know if we can help in any way.)
I am so sorry to hear of this happening to Curtise.. I will keep him and the family in my prayers.. Thank you for keeping us posted..
Vanessa Bunt Holder
Tammy, Renee, and Sarah...Your family is in our prayers. Thank you so much for taking time to keep us updated.
Curt, you are so strong. You can do this! Keep getting better. I like reading the good news posted. You are so blessed to have your family there with you to support and encourage you. I am praying for you. I love you so much.
Janna (Holder) Reynolds
Curtis,
I don't know you well, but I sense that you're a good man.
My prayers are with you.
Buffy, from Seattle
Sarah, thank you so much for the updates! Curtis is in our prayers!
Jill Ellison (Cathey) and Family
Post a Comment