9/18/10

"Soon" takes on a whole new meaning

On 5/18 (4 months ago today) in my last Blog Posting, I said "soon" to start the work program. Well, I've been taught what the word "soon" means to some.

I thought that I would be starting it within a month -- maybe up to two -- but it has taken already FOUR months from that date, and almost FIVE months since I was done at the first rehabilitation program.

It's true that government employees have told me, "Curtis, expect government work to take longer that it should." Well, they were right. It has taken longer than it should have.

But, even still, I'm still waiting as patiently as I can. My hope is to be approved to do the Pate Rehabilitation at Villa Creek, and I've been reassigned to the Tarrant County north office for DARS in Texas. My address at my sister's in Ft. Worth (near Hurst), and that makes me a Tarrant County resident.

Still, I think that I may as well go ahead and look for work -- or some type of internship -- while this is in the air. I've already got three speaking engagements, and I'd like to turn that into a tool as well. Not that I necessarily want to make money speaking, but I feel as though I've been handed the speaking opportunity with my story. And, I belive that God had so much to do in making this a reality for me. In fact, I was agnostic, more or less, before this ordeal, but now I'm a believer in the Heavenly Father who is looking out for us. Sure, there are things that I wonder about in relationship to one religion, on e God, eternal life, etcetera, but here IN THIS LIFE I feel as though I have been touched BIG TIME by the Father in Heaven. And, that is why I became Christian.

Sure, it worries me, at times, to vocalize my thoughts very directly, but worried as I might have been at times, I'm not worried right now about sharing my deep feelings/thoughts on this.

May the eternal Father touch you in whatever way is needed -- necessary or desired -- at this point. I'm asking the Father to touch anyone who reads this. That's right, I mean you. (-:

1 comment:

J. Page said...

SO glad to see an update from you and I loved reading this post. I don't know if you know this, but I always looked up to you. You are one of the most talented people I know and I truly believe God is using you to do great things and touch many lives. I am so glad we can stay in touch here on the internet.