2/7/10

Month Two of A New Year

There are twelve months in a year. And, we have now left the first month and entered the second. It is great to be coming back around, that is for sure. And, interesting to see small improvements over and over.

And sure, I still haven't made it a habit to update this often. Once per month only. But, I have to STILL think that I am going to make that change and update this blog at least more frequently. Maybe even MORE times that JUST ONCE per month! Crazy, I know!

(-:

What is interesting is to see improvements in mental clarity keep happening. I feel again "like a human." I know that can be hard to really take in and get, but I'm telling you, it is THE ACTUAL truth of how I have felt. It's not just a science fiction episode of some sort. IT IS MY LIFE. I lived through it.

And, I tell you what, I have learned that improvements CAN HAPPEN and WILL HAPPEN if you "set your mind to them." I'm so happy for that, that is for sure.

And sure, I have some things to still improve. And, that is OK as far as I'm concerned. IMPROVEMENT should always take place. I'm in the journey called "rehabilitation" now. But, when I'm done with this journey, I think that I'll be in rehabilitation for the rest of my life. IMPROVE. IMPROVE. IMPROVE.

And, that is not to say that you should not be satisfied with where you are. That is just to say that where you are should be the improvement place. But, I don't want to work too hard. Improve. Rest. Improve. Rest. Improve. Rest.

(And, Elaine, you're in there, too. You're a big reason that I want to improve.)

I'm so glad to have gotten reconnected with many friends. And, I have to tell you, I am praying A LOT now and OFTEN. And, I sometimes vocalize my prayers. Because, a prayer is "me talking to God." And, to "talk" to God, I talk to God. It doesn't mean that he can't hear mental prayers, but I feel like I'm expressing myself more clearly when I'm talking. (And, I'm sure the other patients here at Pate wonder why there is someone in his room 'talking to himself.')

(-:

So, my greetings go out and I say "Happy New Month" to you. Sure, I've already given a "Happy New Year," but right now it is a new month.

So, Happy New Month to you!

(-:

Curtis C Childers
(curtchil98 at gmail.com)

1 comment:

The Barker Family said...

Curtis,

So glad to hear that things are "improving". You are right when you say that life is continual improvement. There is not one of us who is "done". I'm thankful to say that "He is still working on me."

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lissa