Hello there to 'you.'
Now, currently I'm in a portion of Pate Rehabilitation where we evaluate future employment. So, I don't know how this will work out, but because of my injury I haven't worked almost two years. So, the hope right now is to land an "internship" near Anna (near Dallas) to progress (and to show future employers that I'm employable.)
Sure, there is a part of me that wants to go into the speaking bit. Because, I have had an intense experience and want to encourage people to "keep trying." But, what is ironic is I NEED TO KEEP TRYING, and it is funny that I want to encourage others to try.
And, actually, I really do feel like the most effective way to "encourage others to try" is by "trying yourself." Interesting.
But, for me, it has been intense, let me tell you. It took time before I could stand. It took time before I could walk. It took time before I could walk without a walker. And, I am now taking 2 - 2.5 mile walks daily. (Actually, twice daily, just to "brag." (-: ) And, I "hope" to be jogging again, too, but the physical therapist here has told me that it isn't time yet.
The other day I made a presentation here at Pate where I encourage peopled to "help others" and also to "help others help others." Because, really, that is something that I want to focus on. Helping others help others. So, I need to be willing to walk the walk, too. Because, one of the best way to help others is to walk the same path.
Now, I don't know what the future holds for me. It may be just being employed here or in Dallas for a while. Trying to show employers that I can work, and also, there are some components of working that I am sure are rusty for me. But, in time, I'll renew those, too.
So, I'm off to do some more rehabilitation tasks. I don't like some of the things I'm asked to do, but I just accept it because in the big picture I'm growing. I don't like everything I'm doing, but I like growing. So, that is enough for me. (-:
I've instant messaged with folks on AOL Insant Messenger, and let me tell you that I feel like I'm coming back around in many ways. (I'd tell you who they are, but I hate to get it out. Because this Blog is read by 10's of thousands of people, right? No? Ok, then, thousands? No? Ok, then, at least hundreds, right? Ok, I'm going to stop wondering. It isn't as important to"be heard" as it is "to speak" anyway.)
(-:
My prayer is that you have a great day, and make some progress toward your goal.
2/17/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Curt, thanks for the post. It is great as always to hear about your progress. Still excited about you coming north to see me. Let's connect via email soon about when that can happen! Hopefully in March.
Rhett
Curtis - I'm one of the tens of thousands. :) You truly are helping others - isn't that awesome? I love you, Sarah
Post a Comment