10/10/09

Physical Exercise Never Felt So Good

I am amazed at how 2 things offer me so much delight. The first is physical exercise. Sit-ups, Push ups, Walking, and Weight lifting are all wonderful. I also am wanting to get back into swimming and bike riding. Both pose challenges for me, but I know that I will get there.

As far as I'm concerned, there is another gift that is a HUGE blessing. It is singing. SINGING. I love trying to make sounds with my voice. Now, don't get me wrong, it does not sound so good. But, the benefit to me is that it SOUNDS BETTER than it did sound. (In fact, there was even a time when I could not even SPEAK because of this injury.) So, improvement is possible, now I know. My hope is that it gets to the level of quality that allows performance. There is a level of quality that ALLOWS performance, a level that RECOMMENDS performance, and also a level that DEMANDS performance. Allowance is all I'm asking for. (Please God, make it possible. Please; pretty please.)

(-:

And you, Elaine, my chicka, are who I want to sing to. (Sure, you are what I want to sing because of, but forget that right now. I want to sing TO YOU.)

Curtis

5 comments:

Renniepooh said...

Glad to hear you're getting some exercise! And the voice--it's not so bad, Curt--way better than mine! :)
Love,
Renee

Tammy Hornick said...

Thumbs up on the workouts and two thumbs up for the singing :)

Gmomma said...

Hey Curtis, Grace Monahan here. I may not read your blog all the time, but I do think of you and wish you will. Sounds like you are doing great for what went down. As you have already guessed, it was "not your time" yet and God has a plan for you. You and maybe Elaine just have to figure out what that plan is. Love and Huggs from Grand Prairie, Gmomma

Sarah Beneze said...

How about a little song for your little sis today. I'll be up to visit you! Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Curtis...I only recenlty heard of your accident. Know that my family and I are thinking of you. glad to hear you're able to get in some physical excercise. Let me know when you're ready for a bike ride around Lake Whitney. I'll keep up with the blog.

Jared Sears
-Shane and Carlos' roommate at A&M (from Valley Mills)

nwhoustonag@gmail.com