8/31/09

When It Rains, It Pours

Hello, hello!

This is so true, isn't it? Any rain is a small body of water falling from a cloud and "pouring" down. We tend to think of only very heavy "rainstorms" as "pours." But it is actually the case that every single drop of water is pouring from a cloud to the earth. So, every rain is a pour. Thus, it makes sense to say "when it rains it pours."

But, that is not what the phrase implies. When things get kind of hard, there is no doubt that they "can" get very, very hard. Catastrophic, even. Well, I know for sure that things can be miserable. Horrific, even. I know what "pouring" is like.

Thank God for the gifts of relationships between the significant other, the family, and the close friends. There is no doubt that I have witnessed the value that they can have. I am so thankful for what was "given" to me by this group. So, Elaine, I have you to thank more than anyone for what you have given to me. And, mom, Tammy, Renee, Sarah, thank you so much for what you have given to me.

Well, I think that the "pouring" is complete now. There is still a lot of mopping to do, no doubt. But, I am so thankful that it is time to mop. I can handle this one, no doubt.

(-:

Curtis

P.S. The phrase "Thank God for..." is usual nomenclature, isn't it? But, like I referenced in an earlier post, any idea what I might mean by the phrase "Thank God?"

...

...

...Any guesses?

I mean "I am thankful to God for making this the reality."

No comments: