12/23/13

Talking to Others Helps

     2014 is Brightly Coming!  This is the 1st new year when I'll be 40 years old.  Finally, after all of this time, I'm an adult.  The growing up was hard, BUT it's been worth it!

     I'm very happy for doing my Internship with MHMR -- Addiction Services.  The staff here is so amazing with their REAL concern for our clients.  I'm very proud to be one of them here at our facility.

     I'd like you to read what I have to say about talking to another person (people) so you can determine if you can adjust this, too, to help you grow.

First Issue
     First, I know that opening up sincerely to another really does HELP with personal growth.  For me, talking to others has been a problematic reality in two different ways.  First of all, part of what I do is "present" to audiences -- so I'm a speaker.  This changes the mindset of what it is that is shared with other people.

Second Issue
     The second issue here is that I tend to be a very chatty person.  (I know, I know, someone is sarcastically saying, "Curtis, you don't SAY.") :-)  Yes, I'm chatty -- WHICH I believe can be a good and uplifting part of a personality.

     The DOWNSIDE to this is that I may not WANT TO DISCUSS what I'm facing on the inside.  I'd rather talk about the Cowboys Football game or my work life or my dating life.  Issues on the inside -- as they are for all of us -- are doubts about my status, doubts about my relationship potential, doubts about my looks, doubts about my physical ability / weight, doubts about my mental stamina.

How I Choose to Handle This
     The being a 'speaker' or a 'counselor' is helping me BECAUSE I'm facing this:  I'm going to encourage others to make themselves better, SO what are the issues that I NEED to deal with myself?  Well, for me, I'm being open about this problem:  Curtis talks alot, BUT does he really talk about what's IN HIM, deep in his heart?

    Curtis is -- I mean -- I AM learning to do this more and more.  Now that I'm FINALLY an adult (at the age of 40), I want to be more open and real with other people.  ESPECIALLY people I'm close to.

What do I Believe?
     I believe that I'm being called to this place by my Higher Power.  (I say it that way so that where YOU are, you really do listen to what I'm saying.)  I'm now believe that I'm here because Christ saw to it.  He is what inspires me to live each day.  I spend time with God / Christ daily.  I believe that God is behind all of this and I thank Him so much for what He's given me.

What will I do?     My 'New Years Resolution' for 2014 is to be more open and personal, to ask people more where they are on a personal level.  To talk to people more on one-on-one situations.  I ask God to lead me here as He sees fit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like these Post a lot!! I some advice for you! Lol!