Life is good these days!
I'm loving my time doing my practicum / internship with MHMR of Tarrant County.
I'll be moving soon to a new apartment; it'll be a longer drive to my work, to my church, and to my sobriety support groups BUT the rent is cheaper! So, I'll save a few dollars every month! I know -- I know -- I'm about to turn 40 so I should have BUNCHES of money, but hey, I'm a college student again -- so, it makes TOTAL SENSE.
My Anniversary
I'm SO HAPPY about this: I just passed the 5 year mark of sobriety. FIVE YEARS. NO alcohol, no drug of any kind (like tobacco, crack or cocaine), and no medical drug WITHOUT a prescription.
I am done with my undergraduate school work for my LCDC (License for Chemical Dependency Counseling), and now I'm working on my Internship Status, so that my work hours count.
Want me to Speak for your group?
I very much want to share with people the dangers associated with drugs. I'm doing speaking to relay the message. For FFA Chapters and churches I do not ask for a fee for my time. For schools and other youth groups, I do ask for a fee plus travel. If you want to ask me to speak, go to www.CurtisChilders.com or (http://www.curtischilders.com/contact-curtis.html) and send me an email. I'd love to hear from you.
A Final Note
I pray that whoever reads this is touched how you need to be touched. I used to not believe in that 'prayer thing,' BUT I DO NOW.
(And, in schools, I only discuss prayer if the school asks me to discuss it. My message is about the danger of drug use, BUT if a group wants me to talk of my Spiritual beliefs, I love doing that.)
6/30/13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment