Tomorrow I'll fly to El Paso, Texas. Next week I'll talk to Sun Ridge Middle School in that town. I'll talk to them about the demon of substance abuse and I'll share them the story about where it led me and the accident that I had after years of torment while I was trying to sober up / get away from the drug world.
It's not an easy thing to do -- to disclose your demon. But, it's my prayer that they all will hear the determination to get through a life obstacle and see how they, too, can get through it. That's 'generally' what I want to get across to them, but specifically -- VERY SPECIFICALLY in fact -- I want to keep them from in the drug world completely. No "experimenting" at all.
It's my point of view that all that I went through was worth it if I keep JUST ONE from using an addictive subtance / a drug. I totally mean that. Yet, even that that's my ultimate prayer, I believe that many people who hear my story are moved to get through their own life struggles / barriers / challenges.
(And, yes, there are many ways you can define life problems. Hmmm... here's one I haven't used yet until RIGHT NOW as I'm writing this blog. It's not to be thought of as a barrier, a struggles, a problem, a threat, an obstacle, or just a challenge -- it's to be thought of as AN OPPORTUNITY. Life issues help us by aiding our growth in certain ways so it's a chance for improvement or an opportunity. Hmmm...)
I'll get to spend the weekend with family -- my Aunt Jot and my Uncle Wayne, and also get to see my cousin Debbie. I'll also visit the cemetery where my grandmother who passed away recently is buried. She is also next to my father who passed away in 1993 -- almost 20 years ago. I love God for what He's letting happen in my life right now. Life is full of opportunities that I'll see every time I look for them. The other 'icing on the cake' truth is this: I lived near Glen Rose, Texas, for most of my life. But the first 4 years of my life I lived in the city where I was born: in El Paso, Texas. I'm 38 now and I'll be going back there to share my message of hope with the people there -- to my place of birth.
8/16/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment