4/5/12

I Love God for the Gift from Above

You know what: You that I -- that is CURTIS -- used to believe that there might not be a 'higher power' with all of the things that we had already 'figured out.' Technology, details, infrastructure, composition were all ways that we could determine the make ups of various things. We just needed 'a little more time' and we'd figure out the next thing.

So, therefore I called myself agnostic.

There are 3 categories of people in relationship to God: There are believers, or theists. Then there are nonbelievers, or atheists. The third group of people pride themselves as 'agnostic.'

The word 'Agnostic' is the Latin word that means 'does not know.'

Well, here's my revelation that I want to share with the people who call themselves 'agnostic:' In all of the history books ever written, there were literally only a handful of people who EVER KNEW that there was a higher power / a god. That is, for any religion, no one KNEW if a god was real or not for the other 99.99999% of us. So, honestly, we're ALL 'agnostic.'

Then the issue is this: what do you BELIEVE?

For me, I believe in God. I believe in Christ. I even went to Israel recently and let me tell you what: if YOU WOULD JUST SEE the land where Jesus is historically known to have been, your belief that Jesus was the Christ -- or, the Messiah -- will grow tremendously. The word 'messiah' means the promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.

Also, the Jewish religion now has a group called the Messianic Jews in Messianic Judaism. They say that Jesus WAS the Messiah. Even though Jesus was Jewish, the Jewish culture did not believe that Jesus was the son of God / the Messiah, which is why they hung him on the cross to die. But, a Messianic Jewish person still has the same cultural behaviors of another Jewish person, but the believe that Jesus was actually the son of God.

If you go to Israel, you'll be so refreshed because you'll see that prayer is heard. Also, 'prayer' is a two-way communication: a time to TALK to God, AND a time to LISTEN to God.

In my daily prayer, I 'talk to God,' and then I have a time where I sit and 'listen to God'. That's a quiet time where I'm being receptive to whatever comes up for me: emotions, thoughts, physical sensations. And, I'm new at this as I've only been Christian for over 3 years, but it's making a tremendous difference now that God is part of my life.

I'll say this as I wrap up: God knows what I'm writing. He knows the sincerity with which I try to convey God's love for us, why I love Him in return, and how I try to influence you to love God more. I mean, if your friend drove you to work, wouldn't you love her for it? If your sibling washed your dishes for you, would you love him for it? God knows that I love Him for all He has done for me -- and will continue to do for me.

Every morning when I awake, I know that because I'm breathing, because I'm alert and conscious, God loves me. And, it's an honor to be able to say back to God, "I love you, too."

P.S. For further reading, you can go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

No comments: