4/20/09

Curtis finishes Race for the Cure 5K




Curtis is giving me the privilege of posting to the blog again. I am excited to once again get to boast about an accomplishment on his road to recovery.

On April 11th, 2009, Curtis finished the Fort Worth Race for the Cure 5K!! He and I walked with my friends Nancy, Everett and Laurie.

Curtis did so awesome! We finished the race in 1 hour, 15 minutes (the picture shows 1 hour, 30 minutes, but it took us 15 minutes to get to the starting line after the start of the race). In addition, we had a 15 minute walk to and from the train station as we rode the TRE. Actually, we only got to take the train
to the race because just as we were about a block from the station trying to make the train back, it pulled away. :) This actually turned out just fine because there was a Subway restaurant that allowed Curt to have a post race cup of coffee while Jeff and Seth came to pick us up.

The pictures above are a progression from pre-race cup of coffee to post-race cup of coffee. Isn't it the drink of champions? Curtis, I am so proud of you, I love you - thank you for walking with me! Sarah

5 comments:

Rhett Laubach said...

Outstanding job, buddy! Once again, you have motivated the motivator, my friend! My day has been made by reading this post. What's next on your Goals List? Keep me informed.

(Thanks for the long text last night, also!)

Ice Boys said...

Glad you are continuing to make so much progress. Hope things continue to go well and wish you all the best.

Nicole B said...

That is awesome Curt!! Congrats.

Hyperopic said...

Dude, that is amazing! You rock!

Gmomma said...

Curtis, sorry I was not keeping up on the blog. Sean and I were talking last night and I brought it up. Glad to say HELLO!!. All I can say about the 5K is, GREAT. I probably could not have walked it at all let alone in 1hr 15 min. Thanks Sarah for all your input. Curtis, see you. Love and Huggs from Grand Prairie, Grace