10/4/08

The long awaited In-N-Out Burger! - October 4, 2008



Yesterday Curtis left Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center! He and Mother are staying with Elaine right now. You can write or visit him at her address: 3660 Boise Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90066. His first stop yesterday when they left was, of course, In-N-Out Burger!! :) I spoke with Curtis and Mother this morning, and it sounds like he is enjoying being out of the hospital-type setting. Curtis will begin his outpatient therapy at Rancho in about a week. He will continue with physical, occupational and speech therapy at that time.

Curtis is continuing to make progress every day. Although he did bring a wheelchair home, he is currently using just his walker to get around the house. He is starting to ask more questions about his situation. The speech therapist says that awareness is a another sign of progress. His difficulties remain short term memory and object/name recall, but I have faith God will restore those too! I am just amazed when I spend time with Curtis or talk to him on the phone how awesome he is doing.

Thank you all again for your prayers. Feel free to come visit Curtis anytime!

Sarah

4 comments:

Gmomma said...

Yeah!!! Finally, a great burger. I bet it was the best one you ever tasted. Good to hear you are doing so well. Hello & Huggs to you Curtis and Elaine and Linda from Grace and Jim in warm, warm Texas

tbussey said...

Curtis
You have been in my thoughts and prayers from the beginning. Wish there was a way to get over there. I'll have to talk to my rich buddy Derek Morgan about renting a plane and flying us up there. Big HELLO to Mom and your sisters. Take care.

Travis Bussey

Hyperopic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen K. said...

Great picture. Love the smile. I'm glad you are doing so well.