On Monday, Curtis' trach tube was removed. Now his tracheostomy can start to heal. I think Curtis was ready to have that out. We are glad for that progress. It must have been a positive step, too, for his speaking, and he has been quite chatty since then. He chatted alot with Mom and Elaine Monday night while they visited.
Then on Tuesday, Curtis, Mom and Elaine were waiting to see Curtis' doctor. Curtis said to them, "I want a hamburger and french fries"!!!! How cool is that?! Elaine asked him..."Oh really!? Are you wanting McDonald's, In N Out Burger, or something else"? and Curtis answered her, "In N Out Burger". The guy really wants to eat!
During his PT session on Tuesday, Curtis was taken again to the walking plank to practice his standing. Curtis stood in the walking plank and with the help of the therapist, started walking. He walked all the way to the end of the plank and then continued off the plank and walked to the center of the room! He ended up taking about 14 steps that day!
Now that Curtis is conversing, it is great to be able to talk to him on the phone! He can even speak back :)
We are still thrilled at his progress and so thankful for all your support. I think all the prayers and thoughts have made all the difference for Curt!
Renee
3 comments:
We are so proud of you Curt! This is beyond amazing. You are really moving along quickly in your recovery. We are so excited for you all. Thanks for the updates once again. Continuing to pray for you daily. Praising HIM for all your accomplishments! We love you lots!
Janna and family
First, thank you so much, again, for keeping us updated! My husband and I continually check for updates and root Curtis on as he goes!
I can tell you from experience that Curt's progression is truly amazing! I had a family member that went through this, and he went on to marry and have children, and his progression was no where near as fast and amazing as Curt's!!
I know with his family support, his own strong spirit, and the already seen evidence of God's will, Curtis will come through this 100%!!
I look forward to hearing Curtis play the guitar again, and have no doubt that it will be sooner than we can possibly imagine!
Mandy Chambers-Bradford
Curtis,
Keep up the great work. Know that you've got a friend in NY praying for you. I love reading about your amazing progress.
Travis Park
Post a Comment