3/24/10

I'm so glad to be learning (and improving) so much

I've turned a corner recently. Today, Elaine received some help from me in Microsoft Excel. Of course, for me, it was "easy as pie" because I have a long computer history, but for people who aren't as familiar with Excel it would be a challenge.

And, what is so great about this is that SHE ASKED ME for some help. Now, this is VERY different from my situation for the last several days (actually, several weeks, no sorry months, no sorry, year and one half!). And this is so relevant because I believe that one thing I am to learn in this experience is the value of help from others.

And, let me tell you, there is nothing more special than being able to HELP someone who has helped you.

I also was asked for some help TODAY with someone's iPhone. Something I can do easily, and I showed her how to do it. Wow, it makes me feel so good to help other people. Like, I matter in some way.

I recently gave a presentation here at Pate and I commented on the trying to "help others help others." And, what a Blessing that now others are feeling more comfortable asking ME to help.

I matter.

(-:

This has been quite an ordeal, let me tell you. And now, it looks like I'm at the spot of being to "give back" to others. I am so motivated to do so. I want to. I really, really do.

There is so much more to learn, I know that. But, I am SO THANKFUL to have learned what I have already learned. Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Curtis you DO matter!!

Keep up the great work, and I know you will continue to help others around you, just like you have always done. What a great quality to have.

Hope you are doing great, and everyday things will get better and better.

~Bianca